Class Reps make up one of the most vital parts of the union. They are the eyes, ears and face of the union within the many courses in DkIT. Usually, each class will have at least one class rep. These class reps are vital cogs in the SU machine as they stand up for their class to lecturers and on course committees. Through this, they help the union to work positively on a local level as well as dealing with the major issues which affect the student body as a whole.
A class rep:
- Is the link between the Students’ Union and its members.
- Deals with issues on the ground, such as problems with lectures or problems with course work.
- Participates in meetings and communicates the needs of your class to the relevant officers.
- Represents students on school committees, which deal with issues such as course changes, college policies etc
Running for Class Rep
Becoming a Class Rep is a truly great experience and is positive step in helping your fellow students enjoy college life. You will get to work for your class, raising their concerns, by working with the students union. Of vital importance is in new people getting involved in order for things to move forward from the benefit of fresh ideas. This is a most unique experience so please get involved. You can make the difference
What do you gain?
- New friends and the opportunity to meet people from all over college.
- The opportunity to represent your class, to get their voices heard and to make a difference in the way college is run.
- The craic, with regular social events organised throughout the year.
- The chance to make a difference