DKIT Students’ Union represents students on an institute wide level and continuously works to improve and enhance the student experience.
As a member of the Student Body in DkIT, you are also a member of the Students’ Union. Our work includes:
We represent student views at an institute wide-level, on various committees and bodies throughout the college and communicate them to management in DKIT.
We represent DKIT Students on at USI National Council which gives our students a voice on national student issues such as: Fees, Grants, Jobs and Employability, Accommodation, Equality and Protecting Student Rights.
We also represent students throughout disciplinary and appeal processes.
The Students’ Union works actively to resolve student issues, whether they be on a local, regional or national basis. We act as a channel of communication to bring your issues to the attention of College Management.
Common issues we deal with include:
- Facilities – classroom issues, health and safety, lack of necessary equipment, study facilities, printing, library hours, parking, etc.
- Educational – student regulations, exam appeals, exam infringements, educational standards, course issues and disputes, student disciplinary, etc.
- Welfare – accommodation, finance, mental & physical health, safety, etc.
- Student Services – catering, sporting and leisure facilities, etc.
- Off Campus Issues – public transport, incidents in the local residency, etc.
In order to resolve your issues, we need to hear them. Please see our Contact Us section to get in touch with a member of the Students’ Union Executive.
We actively communicate any changes within the Institute and all other student-relevant information through a number of communication channels:
- Through Class Reps at Class Rep Council Meetings
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Snapchat (Dkit-Su)
We raise awareness among students on Educational, Welfare and Representational matters by running a number of Campaigns such as: Positive Mind & Body Week, Safety Week, Rainbow Week, Exam De-Stress Week, On The Ground Campaign and The Education Campaign.
We organise a number of Events both on and off campus such as:
- Graduation Balls
- Student Race Day
- Club Nights
- RAG Week and Fresher’s Week
The Constitution is basically a document that sets out the fundamentals of how the Union operates. It’s a cross between a roadmap and a bible, and if you can understand the constitution, you understand how the Union works. So read it!